Today is World Ethnic day and I have decided to wear salwar suit, what you guys are planning to wear today? Do share with me also. It's always pleasing to see people in ethnic wear because it has a unique charm. So I thought to talk about one of our ethnic wear today. Finally I decided to share how to choose ethnic wear KURTI according to your shape. I have already written a post on choosing lehanga according to your body shape.
1. Select a-line kurti.
2. Light color kurti with dark color bottoms which hide lower body
3. Choose boat neck, square or mandarin neck pattern.
4. Choose detailed work on shoulder and on front yoke pattern to draw attention to your upper body
5. Avoid skin-tight kurti
6. Printed bottoms which draw attention to your lower body
Square Shape: Women with square shape body have no curve flat body, most important for them to create illusion of curvy body.
1. Wear frock style short kurti with skin tight jeans.
2. Sleeveless anarklai kurti with leggings to show your arms.
3. Choose light color kurti with flare.
4. Avoid closefitting kurti.
Apple Shape: Women with Apple shaped body have larger upper body and thin legs. If you have apple body shape you can wear kurti which create an illusion of curvy waist.
1. Select V-neck pattern kurti.
2. Pick Belt pattern kurtis.
3. Select cotton kurtis.
4. Choose short kurtis with leggings which draw attention to your slim leg.
5. Mix & match trendy stole with designer kurti.
6. Choose cool and dark colors kurtis .
7. Avoid Mandarin collar pattern kurti.
8. Avoid Yoke pattern kurti.
9. Avoid patiala bottoms.
Hourglass-Shape: Women with Hourglass-shaped body have perfect upper body and lower body with well define waist. You can select any kurti but avoid loose fitting kurti which will hide your curve.
1. Choose Belt pattern kurti which which will define your curved waist line.
2. Prefer lightweight and thin fabrics kurtis.
3. Skinny leggings or straight jeans with kurtis.
4. Avoid loose fitting kurti.
Inverted Triangle Shape: Women with Inverted triangle shaped body have larger upper body like wide shoulders and broad chest. Choose kurti which draw attention to your lower body.
1. Prefer strap pattern kurti.
2. Choose embroidered leggings with simple kurtis.
3. Choose plain kurti with printed patiala.
4. Avoid boat neckline.
Image source: www.metrojournalist.com